WELCOME TO AVID AT MATHER!
Advancement Via Individual Determination ("AVID") is a national program used in nearly 4,500 schools nationwide and in 16 countries and territories. AVID's mission is to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society.
For more information about AVID at Mather, see the upcoming events and quarterly newsletter attached below or click on the appropriate link on the right side of this page.
- Saturday (10/18) - Sophomore Service Learning Project #1
- Wednesday (10/29) - Freshmen Teamcorps Day Trip
- Tuesday & Wednesday (11/17-11/18) - Freshmen Teamcorps Overnight Trip
- Saturday (12/6) - Sophomore Service Learning Project #2
- Saturday (2/7) - Sophomore Service Learning Project #3
- Saturday (4/25) - Sophomore Service Learning Project #4
CHAPERONES NEEDED FOR THESE PROJECTS AND FIELD TRIPS
Please contact Mr. Rutkowski, Mr. Izzo, or Ms. King if you are interested in chaperoning. Many thanks!
- Upcoming Sophomore Chicago Cares Service Learning Project Dates:
- Saturday (12/6)
- Saturday (2/7)
- Saturday (4/25)
- Upcoming College Field Trips
AVID ELECTIVE TEACHERS
Mr. Daniel Izzo
Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Elizabeth King
Juniors & Seniors
Mr. Daniel Rutkowski