WELCOME TO AVID AT MATHER!
Advancement Via Individual Determination ("AVID") is a national program used in nearly 4,500 schools nationwide and in 16 countries and territories. AVID's mission is to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society.
For more information about AVID at Mather, see the upcoming events and quarterly newsletter attached below or click on the appropriate link on the right side of this page.
- Thursday (9/18) - All Grades - Contract Signing Party during 1st period
- Saturday (10/18) - Sophomores - Service Learning Project #1
- Wednesday (10/29) - Freshmen - Teamcorps Day Trip
- Tuesday & Wednesday (11/17-11/18) - Freshmen - Teamcorps Overnight Trip
- Saturday (12/6) - Sophomores - Service Learning Project #2
- Saturday (2/7) - Sophomores - Service Learning Project #3
- Saturday (4/25) - Sophomores - Service Learning Project #4
- Thursday (5.14) - Freshmen trip to Northwestern & North Park
- Tuesday (5/19) - Juniors trip to NIU
- Friday (6/5) - End of year assembly during HR
- Tuesday (6/9) - AVID Senior Night
CHAPERONES NEEDED FOR THESE PROJECTS AND FIELD TRIPS
Please contact Mr. Rutkowski, Mr. Izzo, or Ms. King if you are interested in chaperoning. Many thanks!
- Upcoming Sophomore Chicago Cares Service Learning Project Dates:
AVID ELECTIVE TEACHERS
Mr. Daniel Izzo
Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Elizabeth King
Juniors & Seniors
Mr. Daniel Rutkowski